Jack and Jill Adopt

A Mommy Daddy Blog

October 13, 2006

Pre-Approval and Flowers- What a Great Day!

We got our pre-approval today! That means that Family Court in Guatemala gave its approval to our adoption and we can move forward. They almost always approve the adoptions, so we weren't worried about that, but it's nice to know we can move on to the next step. Now our case will move into the PGN which is the Attorney General's Office in Guatemala. I don't know how long this will take. It varies a lot because if there is a typo, or misspelling, or a Notary's commission has expired, the case will be kicked out. Then we would have to correct the mistake and submit our case to PGN again. Some of our notary commissions expire in February, so we really hope our case gets through PGN before then!

The other great thing that happened to me today is that a student brought me flowers. A few weeks ago J. got in some trouble with the police, for vandalism, and he asked me to write a letter to the judge. I was happy to write the letter because J. has always been a great guy when he's in my library. Yesterday J. had his hearing and some charges were dropped and he only has to pay a fine. I'm glad he got off lightly because he is really not a bad kid. Anyway, the flowers were a thank you for the letter I wrote. Which just goes to show what a thoughtful guy he is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home