Jack and Jill Adopt

A Mommy Daddy Blog

December 08, 2006

Baby Shower!

Last Sunday, Jack's mom and my mom threw us a baby shower. It was really wonderful! We had a sit down lunch with Guatemalan food. My mom went online to find recipes and cooked for 43 people. The food was great. It was funny because we really had mostly American-style food while we were visiting Kit in Gutemala. Jack's mom did the decorating. It was spectacular. She had tiny fir trees on every table decorated with tiny framed photos of Kit. Jack and I brought some weavings from Guatemala and we decorated with those too. Of course we got a whole lot of loot! Our families chipped in together for a beautiful Cherry crib from Target. We got lots of cute clothes and toys and books. We got several beautiful handmade quilts. It was a lot of fun, but both Jack and I have trouble being the center of attention. It's especially hard for me to accept so many gifts when I'm not giving anything to anybody. I am also sort of stoic, and it's hard for me to work up the proper amount of enthusiasm. It's not that I don't like the gifts, it's that I have a hard time showing it.

Anyway, now we have a lot of fun stuff to look at during the loooooong wait. We haven't had any word in a while about where our case is. When are we going to get into PGN???!!!!!?????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home