Jack and Jill Adopt

A Mommy Daddy Blog

March 02, 2007

Another Snow Day

We have another snowstorm here in the northeast. I got another day off from school so I decided to come into the public library to do a little blogging. I love snow. I was so depressed earlier this winter because we had nothing. Many people talked about how wonderful the winter was with no snow. Are they crazy? Why do they live up here if they don't like snow? I've never understood that. The whole point of this area is that it is cold and snowy in the winter. You can go skating, skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling, sledding or just have snowball fights. For the record, I don't have a snowmobile, nor do I have any desire to get one, and I can't afford to go snowboarding anymore. I do love to skate and go cross-country skiing. I think there are some people who don't like any winter sports, and that may be why they hate it up here. Again, I have to ask, why don't you move somewhere warm? I myself would never choose to live in the south.

Our agency sent us an update and warned that cases are taking longer now. I guess an adoption coordinator was arrested on visa fraud charges. The US Embassy and PGN are looking at cases more carefully now. This translates to more time. The estimated time from referral to bringing a child home has extended from 6-8 to 8-9 months. Even the cases in progress are probably going to be slowed down. We have been in PGN about 8 weeks. I guess we have to expect that we won't be out before the end of April. It's so frustrating for us. I just want my baby home with me.

What am I doing during the wait? I read, I knit, and I play video games. Yes, I am a complete dork. I read fantasy and lots of kids books (I'm a librarian in a school remember), I knit baby things (gifts and stuff for Kit a sweater right now) and I'm playing Pikmin right now. It's a game for the GameCube. Jack wants to buy a Nintendo Wii, but I'm against it. It's a bit expensive (but not as expensive as the Playstation 3!) and I think when Kit comes home we won't have any time for video games anymore. We'll be lucky if we have time to sleep. So I'm trying to enjoy my lazy time now, but it's so hard because what I really want, is my boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home