Jack and Jill Adopt

A Mommy Daddy Blog

March 03, 2007

PGN is a pain

I wish adoption weren't so complicated. I hate paperwork. We got a message from our agency that there may be a mistake on one of our forms because people in our state are idiots. We looked at our form and couldn't figure out if the mistake is there or not. It's all very complicated. Apparently the person who signs off on our background checks has a special seal and the form doesn't need to be notarized, but usually it is anyway, and then the person that does the certification certifies the signature but not the notarization. Confused? Imagine how we feel. So it appears to me that our notarization was properly certified, but I can't be sure so I have to call our agency and find out if we have to do our form over.

We're already redoing some other forms because some of our notaries expired and we want to have replacement forms ready to go just in case we get kicked out of PGN. Part of me is optimistic and thinks we'll just get through without having to do anything else, but most of me thinks we'll have a dozen previos and we won't be able to get Kit until he's 11 years old. I really want to get him before April break because then I'll have an extra paid week with him, but that's not very likely unless we get out of PGN like now! Which will probably not happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home