Jack and Jill Adopt

A Mommy Daddy Blog

March 13, 2007

Positive Thinking

Today I decided to think positively. I said to myself, "I will get a call from my agency today at school, and they will tell me that we are out of PGN without any previos." So I repeated this a bunch of times in my mind. I even decided they would call during lunch just the way they did last time they called me at school (to tell me we were in PGN 10 weeks ago). So what happened? Well, at the end of lunch, the phone rang in the faculty room. It was for me! It was my husband! My heart was beating faster. I was sure that this was the call I was waiting for...

But no, Jack just called to tell me that his friend Jack (same name, very confusing, I know) was coming over later. It was nice of him to give me the warning, but I was disappointed.

The moral of the story? I should just go back to my normal pessimistic way of thinking. As Nero Wolfe says, optimists are forever getting disappointed, but pessimists are always pleasantly surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home