Jack and Jill Adopt

A Mommy Daddy Blog

March 14, 2007

Jack's Mom

I want to write a post about my mother-in-law. She is just a wonderful person and I feel so lucky to be part of her family. Most people seem to have horrible MIL's for some reason, but I got a winner. When I came home today there was a package on our porch. It was the stroller that Jack and I had put on our registry but didn't get at our shower. Thank you! It really made my day to get that when I got home. Both Jack's parents have really helped us out so much during the adoption. The only difficulty is to keep them from giving us too much!

I feel that I have a special connection with my MIL (I'll call her M. to make it easier). When I first met Jack, in High School, I suffered from a chronic illness. M. suffers from a similar illness. When I think of everything that she goes through, it amazes me that she is as strong as she is. Yet she holds her whole family together with such love and care. Jack's extended family is a very close and loving family. We're so lucky to have that. Sure there is some dysfunction there, all families have that, but it's the way they care for each other through it that impresses me.

I know M. is suffering through this wait for Kit just like I am. For as long as I've known her, M. has been looking forward to grandchildren. I know she's going to be so happy when Kit's here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home