Jack and Jill Adopt

A Mommy Daddy Blog

April 27, 2007

Depression

I've had a hard week. I've really been depressed lately. The first thing that happened was I found out I did not get the new job I was hoping for. I really thought I would get it because they said I was one of their top candidates. I've just really been sad waiting for Kit. All I want to do when I get home from work is sleep. I don't feel like doing anything.

Then at the end of the school day on Wednesday something happened that put my suffering in perspective. A 16 year old student from our school died. He had cystic fibrosis. It was really a shock to a lot of us. It's always tragic when someone so young dies. He's been fighting this disease his whole life and trying to live a normal life, and now he's gone. I'm just imagining the horror his parents are going through. I don't know how they are going to handle it. The funeral is on Monday and most of the kids will go. I'm going to stay at school to help cover for other teachers who want to go.

Next week can only get better.

1 Comments:

  • At 5/02/2007 11:23 PM, Blogger art-sweet said…

    Blech. Sorry about the job. And the waiting. I'm so with you on that one.

    And then horrible things like your student's death happen and just throw a brutally bright light on it all.

    No one deserves any of this crap.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home