Jack and Jill Adopt

A Mommy Daddy Blog

April 20, 2007

Update on Racism (Also a Potential Job)

The day after I got that racist email and sent my reply, who should I run into unexpectedly, but the woman that sent it to me! We both sort of gulped and looked abashed. She said, "I got your email but I didn't reply yet. I want to apologize." Then she quickly changed the subject. It's been a few days, and I have not received an email from her. However, the apology was appreciated. It was awkward, but I am glad that I responded the way I did.

In other news I had an interview for a job! The job is in the state where Jack and my parents live and it's a slightly more urban area. I think it would be a better environment for Kit. The job itself is also quite attractive to me. It is a middle school, which is an age that I particularly like. The interview went well, and they called this morning to tell me that I am one of the top candidates. I will hear next week after they have called references. If there are two top contenders they will visit us in our current schools. I'm hoping to hear one way or the other next week so I can avoid a potentially embarassing visit. What if everyone at school finds out I applied for a job and then I don't get it? My failure will be public. Anyway, I'll keep you all updated.

1 Comments:

  • At 4/20/2007 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations! You must have made a great impression. I am crossing my fingers that you get the job. Way to go!

    Love,
    "M"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home