Jack and Jill Adopt

A Mommy Daddy Blog

May 07, 2007

Random Thoughts

I had a nice conversation with the high school music teacher at school today. She gave me some clothes her son had grown out of and then we just chatted for a bit. As a "specials" teacher (library, music, art, PE, technology) there are issues that other teachers just don't understand. Like being underappreciated and invisible (whine, whine, whine). It's nice to vent with someone who understands. I have trouble making friends, so a nice conversation means a lot to me.

I was really sick with a cold this weekend. On Saturday I slept most of the day while Jack and his parents went shopping for plants. Jack loves to garden and I'm glad he does because if it were up to me, our lawn would be pretty boring. I like flowers, I'm just way too lazy to actually plant them and keep them up.

I felt a bit better on Sunday, so I finally decided to hem up the pants I bought about 3 weeks ago. After I had them all pinned up I tried them on to make sure the length was right. That's when I noticed that they are two sizes too big! How did I not notice this when I bought them? I can practically pull them down over my hips without unbuttoning them! It's too late to return them (I bought them at a store 2 hours away) so I will have to see if I can alter them a little. I am not a whiz at sewing, but I get by. Makes me feel a little silly though.

I love Stewart's Espresso Therapy ice cream. It has delicious chocolate covered walnuts (or maybe pecans?) and yummy espresso ice cream. It has definitely been a comfort food for me since it's gotten warm. I justify it by walking to the store to get it. Hey, I'm getting exercise, so it's all good!

I'm making something for my mama for Mother's Day. I can't tell you what it is, because she reads this blog. I thought I'd have my baby for Mother's Day, but no luck. I feel like I'm kinda in between. I really feel that Kit is my son, so in that sense I'm a mother, but I don't clean poopy diapers and all that yet, so practically, I'm not a mother yet. I think I will need some ice cream to get through Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home