Jack and Jill Adopt

A Mommy Daddy Blog

June 27, 2007

The Black Pickup Truck

Jack and I went to get our fingerprints done yesterday. It went fine and so we're all set if we don't get our embassy appointment before August 4th. After fingerprinting we went to Target to buy some stuff for our trip including a super cute little sun hat for Kit. It was on our way home that we had a bit of an adventure.

The drive home was about 2 hours. We could have done the whole thing on the interstate, but we decided to take a deserted, meandering back road. Besides not having any traffic, there are abandoned houses and defunct motels lining this route. As we drove along, I noticed a black pickup truck following us. They were a little close, but I didn't think anything of it. We drove by a restaurant where we had eaten once before, on the trip where I had my job interview for my current job (incidentally, this is the restaurant where I had my first ever hot turkey sandwich at the age of 25. Bliss!). On the spur of the moment we decided to stop for dinner. We had already passed the parking lot so we pulled into another parking lot to turn around. The black pickup turned in behind us. We drove back to the restaurant and parked. A few seconds later, here came the black pickup following us. It pulled up next to us and the driver stared at me. Then they pulled out and drove away. Over dinner, Jack's explanation was that maybe we had a taillight out an they were going to warn us. Mine was that they were serial killers and we had saved ourselves by pulling in at the restaurant. When we got out after dinner, we checked the lights and they all worked (insert scary horror movie music here)! This proves beyond any possibility of doubt that the people in the pickup were crazed killers.

1 Comments:

  • At 6/27/2007 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    VERY SCAREY!!!!! I am so glad that you stopped for dinner!!

    Love
    "M"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home