Jack and Jill Adopt

A Mommy Daddy Blog

June 14, 2007

Nothing can be simple

Apparently, nothing can go smoothly with our adoption. The only piece that went smoothly and quickly was our pre-approval. Our homestudy took months, we waited 3 months to get into PGN, PGN took 5 months and now our travel has to be delayed. Since the adoption is taking so long our stupid homestudy expired and needs to be updated. We had planned to travel to Guatemala the week of the 25th, but our social worker is on vacation next week and needs to wait for some of our clearances to come in. Why do they need our DMV records anyway??? So I don't know when our homestudy will be updated and we need that for the Embassy. In other news of delays, apparently PGN MADE A MISTAKE WITH OUR PAPERWORK. If that's not irony, I don't know what is. Our lawyer is getting it fixed but it needs to be corrected before we can get the amended birth certificate (which takes 3-4 weeks). No word yet on how long that will take. Still, I'm not nearly as discouraged as I was a few weeks ago. I know we will be with Kit soon.

To combat my depression after our meeting with our social worker, Jack and I went shopping. Our big purchase was a laptop. This will allow us to email people and keep up with blogging while we're in Guatemala. We bought a Toshiba. This is the first time I've owned a PC and I feel a bit of a traitor to Apple. My family has always been an Apple family since the first blocky Macintosh. However, the Toshiba was cheaper and will be compatible with the computers at work. I'm using it right now! So far I'm quite satisfied.

I also bought 2 dresses, 2 skirts and 2 cute shirts that I can wear when we're down in Guatemala. Were all the purchases necessary? No, but they made me happy! I wore a new outfit today and got some compliments. Amazing how such a shallow thing can make us feel good.

3 Comments:

  • At 6/15/2007 12:04 PM, Blogger art-sweet said…

    I have a toshiba. Love it.

    I'm sorry about all the paperwork hassles. I can't WAIT until we can look back on this and laugh. It may take a few years, but I'm confident that one day this will seem far enough away to be funny!

     
  • At 6/16/2007 4:46 PM, Blogger Jill said…

    Yeah, actually part of me already finds this hilariously funny (either laugh or cry). I'm not too upset because it won't delay our seeing him, only when we can bring him home.

     
  • At 6/17/2007 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, whatever it takes... A little retail therapy doesn't sound out of line to me. I hope everyhing gets accomplished for you as quickly as possible.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home